SITE OF CENTER OF VILLA DE BRANCIFORTE

Historical Landmark

Description:
These school grounds were the center of Villa de Branciforte, founded in 1797 by Governor Diego de Borica of California on orders from Spain through Viceroy Branciforte in Mexico. The settlement existed as a separate township until 1905, when it was annexed to the city of Santa Cruz.


Registration Date: 8/30/1950

Location:
City: Santa Cruz
County: Santa Cruz

Directions:
SW corner of Water and Branciforte, Santa Cruz
SITE OF CENTER OF VILLA DE BRANCIFORTE

SITE OF CENTER OF VILLA DE BRANCIFORTE



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing