OLD MINING CAMP OF BROWNSVILLE
A thriving mining camp on rich Pennsylvania Gulch in the 1850s and 1860s, the camp was named for Alfred Brown, former owner of Table Mountain Ranch. Laws of the Brownsville mining district provided that each miner could own one wet and one dry claim, not to exceed 150 square feet each.
Registration Date: 8/30/1950
On Pennsylvania Gulch Rd, 0.9 mi SW of Murphys
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing