R. B. Woodward opened his gardens to the public in 1866 as an amusement park catering to all tastes, and it remained San Francisco's most popular resort until it closed in 1892. The Gardens once occupied the block bounded by Mission, Duboce, Valencia, and 14th Streets, the main entrance was on Mission.
Registration Date: 1/11/1950
City: San Francisco
County: San Francisco
SW corner of Mission and Duboce Sts, San Francisco
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing