LUCAS, TURNER & CO. BANK (SHERMAN’S BANK)
William Tecumseh Sherman established the branch bank of Lucas, Turner & Co. in San Francisco in 1853, and settled the firm in its own building on the northeast corner of Jackson and Montgomery Streets in the spring of 1854. He successfully carried the bank through the financial crisis of 1855, and remained until it discontinued business in 1857.
Registration Date: 1/11/1950
City: San Francisco
County: San Francisco
NE corner of Montgomery and Jackson, San Francisco
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing