SITE OF MORMON STOCKADE
On this site in 1839 was built the first house in San Bernardino, the home of José del Carmen Lugo, one of the grantees of the San Bernardino Rancho. In 1851 a stockade of logs was built here as a protection against the Indians, in it more than a hundred families lived for over a year.
Registration Date: 8/1/1932
City: San Bernardino
County: San Bernardino
San Bernardino County Courthouse, Arrowhead Ave and Court St, San Bernardino
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing