TOWN OF MICHIGAN BLUFF

Historical Landmark

Description:
Founded in 1850 and first known as Michigan City, the town was located on the slope one-half mile from here. Leland Stanford, who gained wealth and fame in California, operated a store in Michigan City from 1853 to 1855. In 1858 the town became undermined and unsafe so it was moved to this location and renamed Michigan Bluff.


Registration Date: 4/14/1948

Location:
City: Michigan Bluff
County: Placer

Directions:
Intersection of Gorman Ranch and Auburn -Foresthill Rds, Michigan Bluff


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing