This is the home of Francisco Sánchez (1805-1862), alcalde of San Francisco and commandante of militia under the Mexican Republic, grantee of the 8,926-acre Rancho San Pedro, and later a respected American citizen. His house, built 1842-46, afterwards was owned and remodeled by General Edward Kirkpatrick, it was purchased by the County of San Mateo in 1947 to be preserved as a public museum. This proeprty was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 4/13/1976.
Registration Date: 9/25/1947
County: San Mateo
Sanchez Adobe County Park, SW corner of Linda Mar Blvd and Seville Dr, Pacifica
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing