TOWN OF WOODBRIDGE
In 1852 Jeremiah H. Woods and Alexander McQueen established a ferry across the Mokelumne River at this point. As a result, a new road from Stockton to Sacramento by way of Wood's Ferry was established. In 1858 Woods built a bridge at the site of the ferry from which the town, laid out in April 1859, took its name.
Registration Date: 10/9/1939
County: San Joaquin
On County Hwy Jl0, Woodbridge
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing