MISSION LA PURÍSIMA
Established December 8, 1787, by Father Lasuén, the mission was badly damaged by an earthquake in 1812. Removed from control of Franciscans during secularization of the missions, it was abandoned in 1834. State and National Park Services and the Civilian Conservation Corps restored major and many small structures and the water system so that today La Purisima is the only example in California of a complete mission.
Registration Date: 8/8/1939
County: Santa Barbara
La Purisima Mission State Historic Park, N side of intersection of Mission Gate Rd and Purisima Rd, on State Hwy 246, 3 mi E of Lompoc.
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing