From 1853 to 1875 this site, originally a vaquero camp of the Sebastian Indian Reservation, was known as Rancho Canoa (trough). In 1875, Wm. B. Rose built an adobe stage station on the site of the Overland Mail way station established 1858. Rose Station was a stockmen's headquarters, post office, and polling place.
Registration Date: 5/1/1939
NE corner of Grapevine Rd and 'D' St, 70 mi S of Mettler
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing