GLENCOE (MOSQUITO GULCH)
Glencoe was formerly called Mosquito Gulch. The business portion of the town was on the north side of Mosquito Gulch, but not one of the old buildings remains. The mines were first worked by the Mexicans in the early 1850s - quartz mining predominated but there was some placer mining.
Registration Date: 1/8/1938
On State Hwy 26 (P.M. 26.2), Glencoe
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing