In 1848 John W. Robinson and Stephen Mead established ferry transport for freight, animals and persons across river. In 1856 Harvey Wood purchased interest and later acquired property which was maintained by Wood Family until 1911. Charges were 50 cents for each passenger, horse, jenny or other animal.
Registration Date: 10/6/1937
City: Angels Camp
Vista point on State Hwy 49 (P.M. 0.6), 5.4 mi S of Angels Camp
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing