Founded in 1856 by L. A. Whitmore, who operated the first ferry to cross the Kings River, Kingston became stopping place for Butterfield stages after 1858. A toll bridge superseded the ferry in 1873. On December 26, 1873, Tiburcio Vásquez and his bandit gang made a bold raid, robbing the entire village.
Registration Date: 9/3/1937
Kingston Park, Douglas Ave, .4 mi W of 12-3/4 Ave, 1.1 mi SW of Laton
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing