This is one of the oldest hotels still operating in California. First called the Sperry and Perry Hotel, it was opened by James L. Sperry and John Perry on August 20, 1856. Henry Atwood was its proprietor in 1881 - later, ownership passed to Harvey Blood. Renamed the Mitchler Hotel in 1882, and the Murphys Hotel in 1945 by the McKimins family, it was bought by a College of the Pacific group in 1963.
Registration Date: 9/3/1937
457 Main at Algiers St, Murphys
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing