RANCHO SAN ANTONIO (PERALTA GRANT)
Governor Pablo de Sola, last Spanish governor of California, recognized the forty years' service of Don Luís María Peralta by awarding him the 43,000-acre San Antonio Grant on August 3, 1820. From this point northward, the grant embraced the sites of the cities of San Leandro, Oakland, Alameda, Emeryville, Piedmont, Berkeley, and Albany.
Registration Date: 12/18/1936
City: San Leandro
In city park at NW corner of E 14th and Hays Sts, San Leandro (southern boundary of rancho)
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing