MISSION SAN DIEGO DE ALCALA
On Sunday, July 16, 1769, Fathers Junípero Serra, Juan Vizcaino, and Fernando Parrón raised and blessed a cross to establish Alta California's first mission. Relocated from Presidio Hill to this site in August 1774, the mission was the Mother of those founded in California by the Franciscan Order. The present buildings, first completed in 1813, were rebuilt in stages from 1915 to 1931 after many years of deterioration. They have been in use as a parish church since February 1941. This property was also listed in the National Regsiter of Historic Places on 4/15/1970.
Registration Date: 6/10/1936
City: San Diego
County: San Diego
Mission San Diego de Alcala, 10818 San Diego Mission Rd, San Diego
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing