This is the site of the 1878 coal discovery. The mine, called the Santa Clara, was operated by the Southern Pacific. The village of Carbondale was built on the flat. When the mine was closed down, Carbondale's buildings were moved away and today not one remains.
Registration Date: 6/20/1935
Silverado Community Church entrance, Silverado Canyon Rd, 1.1 mi W of Silverado post office, Silverado
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing