SITE OF THE LIGHTER WHARF AT BOLINAS
This wharf was built in the early 1850s to load lumber on lighters to be floated out to the deeper water near the channel, where it was transferred to seagoing vessels for shipment to San Francisco.
Registration Date: 6/20/1935
At N end of Bolinas Lagoon at jct of State Hwy 1 (P.M. 170) and Olema-Bolinas Rd, 2 mi N of Bolinas
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing