PORTOLÁ EXPEDITION CAMP
The Portolá Expedition of 1769 camped on the south bank of Purisima Creek on October 27. The Indian village on the north bank of the creek was named 'Las Pulgas' by the army engineer with the party because the soldiers who occupied some abandoned Indian huts became covered with fleas.
Registration Date: 6/15/1932
City: Half Moon Bay
County: San Mateo
Mouth of Purisima Creek, 1/2 mi W of State Hwy 1 (P.M. 24.6), 4.1 mi S of Half Moon Bay
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing