On September 10, 1870, Captain Samuel S. Dunnells and William A. Abbott opened Newport Bay to commerce when they entered it for the first time on the sternwheel steamer Vaquero. The landing was designated 'Newport'-a new port-by James Irvine, Benjamin Flint, James McFadden, and Robert McFadden. The McFaddens operated a regular shipping service here during the 1870s and 1880s.
Registration Date: 6/20/1935
City: Newport Beach
On Dover Dr 500 ft N of State Hwy 1, Newport Beach
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing