Named for Richard Henry Dana, author of Two Years Before the Mast, who visited here in 1835. El Embarcadero, the cove below, was used by hide vessels trading with Mission San Juan Capistrano. This trade reached its peak in 1830-1840. In 1818 pirate Hipolito Bouchard, flying an Argentine flag, anchored his fleet here while raiding the mission.
Registration Date: 6/20/1935
City: Dana Point
Ken Sampson Overview, S of the Blue Lantern at Santa Clara Ave, Dana Point
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing