SITE OF FIRST BUILDING IN PRESENT CITY OF STOCKTON
In August 1844, the first settlers arrived at Rancho del Campo de los Franceses. One of the company, Thomas Lindsay, built the first dwelling, a tule hut, on this site. He was later murdered by Indians and buried here by travelers. The Point was formed by the junction of McLeod's Lake and Miner's Channel.
Registration Date: 3/6/1935
County: San Joaquin
City Hall, on Civic St between Miner and El Dorado Sts, Stockton
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing