SITE OF WOOD'S FERRY AND WOOD'S BRIDGE
In 1852, immediately after his arrival and completion of his cabin, Wood proceeded to build a ferryboat and establish the crossing known as Wood's Ferry. In 1858, he built a toll bridge at the old ferry crossing, charging $1 for a pair of animals and wagon, and .50 extra for every additional pair of animals with the wagon.
Registration Date: 1/11/1935
County: San Joaquin
Present bridge is approx location of original ferry and bridge, County Hwy Jl0, Woodbridge
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing