DOMÍNGUEZ RANCHHOUSE

Historical Landmark

Description:
The central portion of the ranchhouse was built in 1826 by Manuel Domínguez. Rancho San Pedro, ten square leagues granted provisionally by Governor Fages to Juan José Domínguez in 1784, was regranted by Governor Solá to Cristobal Domínguez in 1822. In the battle of Domínguez Ranch, fought here October 8 and 9, 1846, Californians led by José Antonio Carrillo repelled United States forces under Captain William Mervine, U.S. Navy, in an attempt to recapture the Pueblo of Los Angeles.


Registration Date: 1/11/1935

Location:
City: Compton
County: Los Angeles

Directions:
18127 S Alameda, Compton
DOMÍNGUEZ RANCHHOUSE

DOMÍNGUEZ RANCHHOUSE



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing