WELLS FARGO EXPRESS COMPANY BUILDING

Historical Landmark

Description:
This building, erected in 1849 by the Walkerly brothers, was subsequently owned by the Morris brothers. It housed a general merchandise store in connection with the office of Adams Express Company, predecessor of Wells Fargo & Company. The original express agents were Sol Miller, C. W. H. Solinsky, and the Morris brothers.


Registration Date: 6/6/1934

Location:
City: Chinese Camp
County: Tuolumne

Directions:
SW corner of Main St and Solinsky Alley, Chinese Camp


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing