ST. JAMES EPISCOPAL CHURCH

Historical Landmark

Description:
The seventh parish of the Protestant Episcopal Church in California, St. James is the oldest Episcopal Church building in the state. The first services were held in the church on October 4, 1859, and it was consecrated by Rt. Rev. Wm. Ingraham Kip in 1870.


Registration Date: 6/6/1934

Location:
City: Sonora
County: Tuolumne

Directions:
Intersection of N Washington (State Hwy 49) and Elkin Sts, Sonora


Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing