SEBASTIAN INDIAN RESERVATION
The Sebastian or Tejón Indian Reservation (headquarters ten miles east of here) was established in 1853 by General Edward Fitzgerald Beale as one of several California reservations. The number of Indians quartered here varied from 500 to 2,000. General Beale acquired title to this area under Mexican land grant of 1843. In 1864 the U.S. government transferred the Indians to other reservations.
Registration Date: 1/31/1934
Grapevine, NE corner of Grapevine Rd and 'D' St, 70 mi S of Mettler
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing