AGUA MANSA

Historical Landmark

Description:
Don Juan Bandini, owner of the Jurupa Rancho, donated parts of his rancho to a group of New Mexican colonists in 1845 on the understanding that they would aid in repelling Indian raids on his stock. The community was named Agua Mansa-Gentle Water-and was prosperous until 1862, when a great flood suddenly swept down the Santa Ana, carrying away the village of adobe buildings and covering the fields with sand and gravel. The village was rebuilt on higher ground, but never regained its former prosperity.


Registration Date: 5/15/1933

Location:
City: Colton
County: San Bernardino

Directions:
Agua Mansa Cemetery, 270 E Agua Mansa Rd, Colton
AGUA MANSA



Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing