Here in 1850 'Doc' Baker established a stopping place for emigrants on the Lassen and Nobles Trails. George and Anna Maria Dersch took up a homestead on the land in 1861. A history of troubled relations between Indians and settlers led to an Indian raid on the ranch in 1866 in which Mrs. Dersch was killed. A posse was formed and killed most of the Indians at their Dye Creek Camp.
Registration Date: 3/31/1933
Rte 1, Box 273, Dersch Rd at Bear Creek, 10 mi E of Anderson
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing