South Carlsbad SB
Wi-Fi service is currently unavailable at South Carlsbad State Beach.
The Friends of Cardiff and Carlsbad State Beaches are currently accepting donations to repair the existing stairways that lead to the beach throughout the park. The project has already started at South Carlsbad. Be a part of this important project! Find out more! www.fccsb.org
Spring Break Juvenile Curfew
During the period of March 8, 2013-April 28, 2013, a juvenile curfew is in effect at both San Elijo State Beach and South Carlsbad State Beach. All juveniles must be accompanied by a legal guardian after 8PM if outside of their registered campsite.
Juveniles Must Camp with Parent or Legal Guardian
Juveniles intending to camp without a parent or legal guardian must, at the time of check-in, provide the following: Written consent including full name of parent or legal guardian, address and phone number and inclusive dates for which permission is granted to camp at the specific park unit.
This San Diego beach features swimming, surfing, skin diving, fishing and picnicking. The large bluff-top campground is very popular, especially in summer. Stairs lead to the beach.
Campground showers---TOKEN operated.
Token machines located at the ranger station and at the campfire center.
A camp store located near the campground entrance operates March through October and provides all the amenities a camper may need including some RV supplies, boogie boards, firewood, and fishing gear.
In 2009, the California State Parks implemented service reductions in order to meet ongoing Departmental budget cuts. We have continued some service reductions and made changes to our operation to ensure that California State Parks achieves cost savings goals, minimizes disruption to visitors as much as possible and maintains revenue at the highest possible level. The service reductions and changes that may affect your visit include:
- The south "loop" of the campground will be closed from early November 2013 to mid-March 2014 (exact dates to be posted.)
- Parking fees at day use lots are now collected by our new partner and concessionaire, LAZ Parking.
- Visitors are encouraged to 'Pack it in, Pack it out', so the beach remains free of trash.
- Limited Use Golden Bear Passes and Disabled Discount Passes can be purchased at the entrance kiosk daily from 11AM-1PM, or visit us online at http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=23800
- Lifeguard towers at South Carlsbad State Beach are on limited operation from Labor Day to Memorial Day. During the spring, fall and winter months "the Shoulder Season" lifeguards maintain a presence on the beach with a lifeguard on patrol specifically assigned to South Carlsbad State Beach.
Thank you for your continued support of South Carlsbad State Beach.
The beach is located 3 miles south of Carlsbad on CARLSBAD BLVD.
Take INTERSTATE 5, exit POINSETTIA LN.
Go west to CARLSBAD BLVD. Turn Right (north) onto CARLSBAD BLVD.
Make a legal U-Turn at Breakwater Rd. (First Light).
Drive SOUTH on CARLSBAD BLVD. Continue to campground entrance on right.
7201 Carlsbad Blvd.
Carlsbad, CA 92008
NOTE: The campground entrance is not accessible directly from Poinsettia Ln. Drivers must continue NORTH on CARLSBAD BLVD and make the first legal U-Turn at Breakwater Rd.
- Hours of Operation:
Dawn to sunset. Call the park to confirm.
- Park Office Telephone:
- Available Online Reservation:
Upcoming Weekend: NO
Within 2 Weeks: YESUpdated: 5/21/2013 5:09 AM
San Diego CountyCounty
Max Camper Length:
35 FeetMax Trailer Length
Friends of Cardiff & Carlsbad State Beaches
Get involved! Become a member and make a tax deductible donation to support our new non-profit group to preserve your beach.
Friends of Cardiff and Carlsbad State Beaches
Dawn to sunset.
Call the park to confirm.
Eli Howard Surf Camp
For surf camp information, call 760-809-3069 or click on elihoward.com