Torrey Pines SNR
State Natural Reserve
In 2009, the California State Parks implemented service reductions in order to meet ongoing Departmental budget cuts. We have continued some service reductions and made changes to our operation to ensure that California State Parks achieves cost savings goals, minimizes disruption to visitors as much as possible and maintains revenue at the highest possible level. The service reductions and changes that may affect your visit include:
- One-half of the restrooms at the beach are closed on non-holiday weekdays.
- Trash cans have been removed from the beach and have been replaced with a central dumpster near the restroom in the parking lots.
- Parking fees are collected by our new partner and concessionaire, LAZ Parking.
- Visitors are encouraged to 'Pack it in, Pack it out', so the beach remains free of trash.
- Annual Passes are sold at the Lodge and Museum daily from 11AM-1PM. Annual Passes are no longer sold at the entrance station.
- Lifeguard towers at Torrey Pines State Beach are operated from 11:00 AM- 6:00 PM beginning June 16th through Labor Day. During the spring, fall and winter months "the Shoulder Season" lifeguards maintain a presence on the beach with a lifeguard on patrol specifically assigned to Torrey Pines State Beach.
Thank you for your continued support of Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve and Beach.
Torrey Pines State Beach can also be reached by trail from the Reserve.
Torrey Pines prohibits dogs anywhere within the reserve and beach boundaries (even within a vehicle).
Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve is located between La Jolla and Del Mar, California, north of San Diego. From Hwy 5, exit on Carmel Valley Road and drive west for about 1.5 miles till you reach the Coast Highway 101. Turn left and proceed along the beach for about a mile. The park entrance is on your right just before the highway begins to climb the Torrey Pines grade.
- Hours of Operation:
Gates open at 7:15 am and close at Sunset.
- Park Office Telephone:
San Diego CountyCounty
Gates open at 07:15 am and close at Sunset.
The Visitor Center opens daily at 10:00AM.
The reserve is a day-use park only. There is no overnight camping at this facility.