Carlsbad State Beach
California State Parks is actively working with local, state and federal entities in assessing San Diego beaches and lagoons in relation to the oil spill that initiated in Orange County.
At this time, state beaches in San Diego remain open. Please use caution when visiting them as we expect to see oiled materials and tarballs wash up on the beaches, and individuals are advised not to handle or ingest any oil materials. If you do see oil or tarballs on the beach, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you locate oiled wildlife, do not touch the animal and report the finding to the oiled wildlife care network at 877-823-6926.
For additional information on the oil spill itself, visit www.SoCalSpillResponse.com.
COVID-19 Guidelines (June 21, 2021)
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings.For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Carlsbad State Beach is located on the San Diego Coast. It offers swimming, surfing, scuba diving, fishing and beachcombing. This small beach is located at the foot of coastal bluffs, south of the town on Carlsbad.
Location - Directions
The beach is located from Carlsbad Boulevard, Highway S21 at Pine Ave. to Cannon Rd. in Carlsbad.