8 am to Sunset
El Capitán State Beach
COVID-19 Guidelines (February 16, 2022)
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Effective March 1, 2022, state guidance recommends that all individuals, regardless of vaccine status, continue masking in indoor settings, such as museums and visitor centers. Universal masking remains required in specified high-risk settings. Please plan ahead as local county guidelines may differ from state guidance and visitors are urged to follow county guidelines when required. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
El Capitán State Beach offers visitors a sandy beach, rocky tidepools, and stands of sycamore and oaks along El Capitán Creek. It’s a perfect setting for swimming, fishing, surfing, picnicking and camping. A stairway provides access from the bluffs to the beach area.
Beach wheelchairs are available for use by the public with no cost. With this specially designed chair, wheelchair users may access the beach at several locations. Contact a ranger or lifeguard for additional information.
Your Inspiring Venue
Are you looking for a memorable wedding or event location with gorgeous ocean views? Contact our event coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RV rental policy
Trailers may be rented from 101 RV Rental Concession. This is the only permitted business for delivery of RVs in this state park. For any questions contact 101 RV Rental 805-210-7391
- Parks and Recreation Management, Inc. dba Channel Coast Camp Stores
(Beach stores at Gaviota, El Capitan, Refugio SB)
- D2 Global Enterprises, Inc. dba 101 RV Rentals (Camp trailer rentals)