7:00 a.m. to Sunset
San Buenaventura State Beach
COVID-19 Guidelines (June 21, 2021)
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings.For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
About San Buenaventura State Beach
Come enjoy a laid back, retro vibe at San Buenaventura State Beach. Watch time slow down as you arrive and enjoy swimming, surfing, picnicking, beach volleyball, or playing frisbee. The beach is two miles of sandy expanse mixed with a small lagoon and copious wildlife. This beach is lifeguarded by the State of California's highly trained lifeguards year-round with every tower occupied and watching the water in the summer months.
Enjoy the wild and scenic sand dunes, and relax in the well aportioned picnic sites. Each picnic area has tables and grills for large groups or multiple familes. Some picnic areas even offer wind and privacy screens to improve your experience.
Host your dream event here and take advantage of our 6 acres of turf which is complimented by seemingly limiteless parking in our three large parking lots. The Jolly Oyster, Good to Go Juice Truck, and Wheel Fun Rentals are located on-site during weekends and holidays, offering visitors food and beverage service and bike rentals. Bike trails connect other nearby beaches and the Ventura Pier so you may continue your exploration right into downtown Ventura if you please.
Apply Now! Job Opportunities
The Jolly Oyster
Saturday 11 am-6 pm
Sunday 11 am-6 pm
More good times ahead!
Opening Fridays 11-6 beginning Memorial Weekend!