Call the park
Pismo State Beach
Campgrounds expected to reopen May 2019. Check back for regular update.
For more information on the pilot program and to download the app directly from the Apple store, visit OuterSpatial (http://bit.ly/PismoCSPapp). Tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
#CAStateParks and #InventYourAdventure #CAStateParksOuterSpatial
Pismo State Beach offers all kinds of attractions: hiking, swimming, surf fishing, and digging for the famous Pismo clam. There are tree-lined dunes and the beach is popular with bird watchers. The park has the largest over-wintering colony of monarch butterflies in the U.S.
- Ocean Lagoon has a wheelchair-accessible fishing overhang.
- Four restaurants are within 2 blocks of the campground.
- ATV rentals are available within 2 blocks of the park.
- A trolly service provides access to the surrounding community.
Location - Directions
The beach is located in the town of Oceano off Highway 1.
Seasons - Climate - Recommended clothing
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.
- Superior Guest Care (Golf course operation (9 holes))