Call the park
Morro Strand State Beach
What is open now?
- Day-use parking lots.
- Morro Strand State Beach Campground
What is currently closed?
- Special events and tours are canceled until further notice.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Current state guidance requires that masks must be worn in all indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, irrespective of vaccine status through February 15, 2022. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
- 2 vehicle maximum per campsite. Trailers count as a vehicle.
- No Extra Vehicles and No Overflow Parking after the 2 Vehicle maximum per campsite.
- Dogs must be leashed in the campground. Dogs are prohibited on the beach.
- Non-hookup sites: Maximum RV/Trailer length 24'
- Hookup sites: Maximum RV/Trailer length 40'
This beach is a coastal frontage park featuring outstanding picnic sites. A three-mile stretch of beach connects the southern and northern entrances to the beach. Fishing, windsurfing, jogging, and kite flying are popular.
Location - Directions
The beach is two miles south of Cayucos on Highway 1. Take the Yerba Buena exit, a short distance north of Morro Bay, 24th Street allows access to the northern part of the beach.
Seasons - Climate - Recommended clothing
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.