Call the park
Morro Strand State Beach
As a reminder, Californians are encouraged to avoid road trips and stay close to home, maintain physical distancing, wear a face covering when a physical distance of six feet from others who are not from the immediate household members cannot be maintained, and avoid congregating. Everyone has the responsibility to slow down the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some additional guidelines for locals visiting Morro Strand State Beach.
What is open now?
- The campground will open September 19, 2020 by reservation only. To make a reservation, visit www.ReserveCalifornia.com or call 800-444-7275. For more information about camping visit www.parks.ca.gov/COVID19Camping. We do not allow early registration prior to 2 p.m.
- All day- use parking lots
What is currently closed?
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, please see below:
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash. Restrooms will be temporarily closed in order to keep up with cleaning schedules.
- Stay Covered: The state now requires you to wear a face covering in most indoor settings and public outdoor spaces when you cannot maintain physical distancing of six feet or more from people outside of your immediate household. For details, please visit CDPH’s guidance here. Visitors should also abide by their local county health orders.
Statewide, California State Parks continues to work with locals on a phased and regionally-driven approach to increase access to state park units where compliance with state and local public health ordinances can be achieved. Even though the department has increased access across the State Park System, the need for Californians to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the outdoors remains critical.
For information on statewide current closures and available services, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
- 2 vehicle maximum per campsite. Trailers count as a vehicle.
- No Extra Vehicles and No Overflow Parking after the 2 Vehicle maximum per campsite.
- Dogs must be leashed in the campground. Dogs are prohibited on the beach.
- Non-hookup sites: Maximum RV/Trailer length 24'
- Hookup sites: Maximum RV/Trailer length 40'
- Paso Robles RV Rentals LLC - Luv 2 Camp (RV Trailer Rentals)
This beach is a coastal frontage park featuring outstanding picnic sites. A three-mile stretch of beach connects the southern and northern entrances to the beach. Fishing, windsurfing, jogging, and kite flying are popular.
Location - Directions
The beach is two miles south of Cayucos on Highway 1. Take the Yerba Buena exit, a short distance north of Morro Bay, 24th Street allows access to the northern part of the beach.
Seasons - Climate - Recommended clothing
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.