Call the park
Morro Strand State Beach
What is open now?
- Day-use parking lots.
- Morro Strand State Beach Campground
What is currently closed?
- Special events and tours are canceled until further notice.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings.For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
- 2 vehicle maximum per campsite. Trailers count as a vehicle.
- No Extra Vehicles and No Overflow Parking after the 2 Vehicle maximum per campsite.
- Dogs must be leashed in the campground. Dogs are prohibited on the beach.
- Non-hookup sites: Maximum RV/Trailer length 24'
- Hookup sites: Maximum RV/Trailer length 40'
This beach is a coastal frontage park featuring outstanding picnic sites. A three-mile stretch of beach connects the southern and northern entrances to the beach. Fishing, windsurfing, jogging, and kite flying are popular.
Location - Directions
The beach is two miles south of Cayucos on Highway 1. Take the Yerba Buena exit, a short distance north of Morro Bay, 24th Street allows access to the northern part of the beach.
Seasons - Climate - Recommended clothing
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.