Call the park
Millerton Lake State Recreation Area
What is open now?
- Day-Use Areas.
- Boat Launch and Marina Access.
- Guided tours and special events.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Here is the guidance on face coverings for this park unit:
- Vaccinated? Face coverings recommended.
- Unvaccinated? Face coverings are required indoors.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Millerton Lake SRA in the top 45 Greatest Lakes on www.californiasgreatestlakes.com.
For more information, click HERE.
With over 40 miles of shore land for water sports, this SRA offers visitors swimming, fishing, and boating. The hills surrounding the lake provide good hiking opportunities. Wildlife in the park includes ground squirrels, cottontails, mule deer, badgers and bald and golden eagles. During winter, the park has special boat tours to view the bald eagles.
The lake was created by construction of the Friant Dam across the San Joaquin River in 1944. The parks camping facilities include boat camping. The park contains the original Millerton County Courthouse, built in 1867.
Location - Directions
The area is 20 miles northeast of Fresno via Highway 41 and Highway 145.
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.