8:00 am to Sunset
McConnell State Recreation Area
What is open now?
- Day-Use Areas.
- Trails and River Access.
- Special events
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Here is the guidance on face coverings for this park unit:
- Vaccinated? Face coverings recommended.
- Unvaccinated? Face coverings are required indoors.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
The park is on the banks of the Merced River. Fishing is popular for catfish, black bass and perch. There are picnic, camping and play areas.
The recreation area is five miles southeast of Delhi on Highway 99, south of Turlock.
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.