8am - Sunset
The Wilder Ranch Interpretive Center will be closed from
Monday, December 19 through Wednesday, December 28.
Campgrounds at Big Basin Redwoods State Park and Sunset and New Brighton State Beaches will remain closed through at least Wednesday, February 22 due to saturated soils and the potential for localized flooding and downed trees from winter storms. California State Parks now anticipates reopening on Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 2 p.m. weather permitting. Campers are advised to follow local weather. Impacted campers with reservations will be contacted regarding refunds. Additionally, some the backcountry areas of Santa Cruz District State Parks including Wilder Ranch State Park will be closed due to trail conditions. California State Parks appreciates the patience of the public as it works to ensure the safety of visitors and protection of cultural and natural resources during these weather events.
Step back in time to the late 1800's and visit an early dairy ranch. You can explore California's early ranching history by visiting an 1897 Victorian home, or experience a 1896 water-powered machine shop. Bring a picnic to enjoy on the front lawn, and visit the farm animals. With more than 35 miles of trail, you can adventure into the Santa Cruz Mountains or walk along the coastal bluffs.
- Due to fire hazard, fires and smoking are not permitted on any trail.
- All natural and cultural park features are protected by law. Do not remove or harm plants, animals or other features of the park.
- Bicycles—please obey 15 mph speed limit; stop when approaching a horseback rider; walk bicycles through ranch complex and be respectful of hikers.
- Wilder Ranch does not allow dogs in the park.
- There’s no camping in the park, except for six first-come, first-served site for visitors with horses. For access to the horse camp, call 831-423-9703.