8am - Sunset
Visitor Center & Store: Thursday through Sunday 10am-4pm
Step back in time to the late 1800's and visit an early dairy ranch. You can explore California's early ranching history by visiting an 1897 Victorian home, or experience a 1896 water-powered machine shop. Bring a picnic to enjoy on the front lawn, and visit the farm animals. With more than 35 miles of trail, you can adventure into the Santa Cruz Mountains or walk along the coastal bluffs.
Wilder Ranch offers 35 miles of hiking, biking, and equestrian trails. The 1800's dairy ranch, or cultural preserve, includes historic buildings and farm animals.
Vehicle Day-Use Fee:
Regular Sized Auto: $10 (Senior $9, age 62 or older)
Bus Parking (10-24 passengers): $50
Bus Parking (25+ passengers): $100
Visitor Center & Store:
Visitor Services (831) 423-9703
Park Store (831) 426-0505
Special Events (831) 464-6290
Hours: Most months it’s open Thursday through Sunday, 10am-4pm. Hours are more restricted December–February and less restricted April–mid-June. Call 831-426-0505 for more information.
Events & Activities
For a list of events and activities at Wilder Ranch, please click here.
- Due to fire hazard, fires and smoking are not permitted on any trail.
- All natural and cultural park features are protected by law. Do not remove or harm plants, animals or other features of the park.
- Bicycles—please obey 15 mph speed limit; stop when approaching a horseback rider; walk bicycles through ranch complex and be respectful of hikers.
- Wilder Ranch does not allow dogs in the park.
- There’s no camping in the park, except for six first-come, first-served site for visitors with horses. For access to the horse camp, call 831-423-9703.
Wilder Ranch offers Ranch Tours or Farm Animal Tours for groups of 10 or more. Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance. Call the park for reservations. (831) 426-0505.
Photographs courtesy of Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks.