Call the park for operating hours and group arrival schedules.
Mendocino Woodlands State Park
What is open now?
- Parking lots.
- Day use areas.
- Special events as directed by the guidelines in the Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
- Limited individual cabin camping is available. Please contact hipcamp.com or mendocinowoodlands.org for more information.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Current state guidance requires that masks must be worn in all indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, irrespective of vaccine status through February 15, 2022. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
The Mendocino Woodlands State Park is a year-round group camping retreat facility and environmental center nestled in the heart of the Redwood Forest, just Northeast of the town of Mendocino. A 720 acre park, the Woodlands offers three private group cabin camping areas, each with a large, well equipped kitchen, dining hall, cabins, showers and bathrooms. The camping areas can accommodate groups of 30 to 200.
Camping for Individuals: Individuals can enjoy the camp in three ways:
- Contact a group camp listed on the Uncommon Vacations page to see if you can join. Many groups are looking to expand their numbers and would welcome you.
- Become a Friends of the Woodlands volunteer for an inexpensive, fun-filled weekend. Help the Woodlands tackle a project for a few hours, and have the rest of the weekend to yourself. Meals and lodging included.
- Sign up for Fall Weekend Workshops on interesting topics such as herbs, wilderness first aid, and more.
Our peaceful, rustic setting creates a unique learning environment for personal growth, retreats, training seminars, dance, music, church, youth and nature study groups. Plan a full day of activities or let each day unfold at its own pace. Hiking trails, a large beaver pond, river otters, deer, fox and other natural amenities complete the "magic" of the Mendocino Woodlands.
- Mendocino Woodlands Camp Assoc. (Environmental Science Camp)
Mendocino Woodlands State Park is located north of the village in the redwood forest on Little Lake Road, about 150 miles north of San Francisco. View Map
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.