Call Patrick's Pt. SP
Harry A. Merlo State Recreation Area
What is open now?
- Day Use Vehicular Access.
- Very limited parking is now available to the public.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Current state guidance requires that masks must be worn in all indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, irrespective of vaccine status through February 15, 2022. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
Adjacent to Humboldt Lagoons State Park, this area is a popular place for visitors who like to fish. The use of small boats is allowed. The boat speed limit is 5 mph.
The park is 32 miles north of Eureka on U.S. 101.
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.