Day Use Only
Little River State Beach
What is open now?
- Day Use Vehicular Access.
- Very limited parking is now available to the public.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Current state guidance requires that masks must be worn in all indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, irrespective of vaccine status through February 15, 2022. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
Little River State Beach features dunes and a broad open beach. The beach is bordered on the north by Little River and on the south by Clam Beach County Park which provides camping and day use facilities.
The beach is located five miles south of Trinidad and 13 miles north of Eureka, just off Highway 101.
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.