4/1/23 - Hike led by Docent Caryn Lowe at 9:00am
· Description: “Methinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow!” -Thoreau.
Science is proving what people have known for ages – going out into nature is one of the best ways to connect with your creative mind. Mt. Tam has been a special place of inspiration for many generations of artists and writers from early settlers from the Hudson Valley to the Bohemian and Beat movements. During this hike you will learn a little bit about this rich history, what happens here today and hopefully make your own creative connection to Mt. Tam.
· PLANNED ROUTE: Start at Pantoll Parking Lot; Old Mine Trail to Mountain Theater; Rock Spring Trail to West Point Inn; Old Stage Road to Pantoll Parking Lot
· DISTANCE: 4.5 miles. Elevation Gain (ft): 500. Moderate.
· MEET: Pantoll Parking Area *This hike is limited to 12 people.*
4/16/23 - Hike led by Docent Brian Muir from 9:00am to about 2:00pm
· Description: “The (not-so) Hidden Treasures of Mt Tamalpais: Experience multiple geologic and growth eco-systems while traversing the south side of Mt Tamalpais. Visit historic West Point Inn and Mountain Theater.”
· PLANNED ROUTE: Old Stage Road – Rock Springs Trail – Old Mine Trail. · Part of the FMT Pantoll Quad / https://www.friendsofmttam.org/activities/hiking/
· DISTANCE: 5 miles / Moderately Strenuous (elevation gain of 500' or more)
· MEET: Pantoll Parking Area