Special Group Tours
Greeted by an old-fashioned roadside fruit stand, this unique “big orange” structure recalls an era that changed the landscape of Southern California. The park dedicates over half of its 250 acres to what was once the universal symbol of California’s role in agriculture – the citrus grove. Led by trained park professionals, the tour will include an opportunity to explore the visitor center and varietal groves, as well as a citrus tasting.
The park also features the new exhibit “Finding Ourselves in the Groves: Stories and Storytellers of Citrus in Inland Southern California” at the visitor center. The exhibit is a product of the Relevancy and History Project, a partnership with the Public History program at the University of California, Riverside. Representing people from the early history of the citrus industry to the present day, this exhibit draws on oral histories and photographs from both local family collections as well as formal archives in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. Focused on themes of migration and immigration, the project is being piloted at the park.
With this, and nearly 100 varieties of citrus in the park’s expansive varietal groves, there is sure to be something for everyone to see and taste!
Tours are offered at the following times (subject to change):
9:00-10:30am Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
1. Check tour availability on our online calendar below (updated daily). (Tours are only available on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Check what days would fit in your schedule.) Scheduling is completed on a first come, first served basis.
2. Complete the “Special Group Reservation Request” form online. To secure your tour date, please complete payment using the procedure outlined below. (Tour reservation will not be made without receipt of payment.) Requests must be received at least one week in advance of your requested tour date.
Groups of 1-25 people: $50
Groups of 26-50 people: $100
Payment can be made to the sector office located at 1879 Jackson Street, Riverside, CA 92504. Payment can be made:
1. In person by cash, check, money order, or credit card Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
2. By mailing a check or money order made out to “CA DPR” to
Special Group Tours
Attn: Heidi Addison
1879 Jackson Street
Riverside, CA 92504
3. Once the reservation form and payment have been received, California Citrus State Historic Park will confirm your tour date via email.
4. Approximately two weeks before your tour, California Citrus State Historic Park will send you a confirmation and reminder email.
Please note that reservations are only accepted within a 90-day window of the desired tour date. To schedule a tour, please contact Heidi Addison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 951-780-6222.
Please note the above mentioned fees do not cover parking. All vehicles must display valid day use pass while in the park. For more information on parking pass fees, click here.