Become a Volunteer
Do you enjoy nature and being outdoors? Do you want to share knowledge with others and promote conservation and stewardship? This is your opportunity to join our team of dedicated volunteers who rove the trails, interact with visitors, host at the visitor center and in general contribute to the inspiration, education and enjoyment of park visitors.
- Docents: Join our team of dedicated volunteers who interact with visitors, school groups, help monitor wildlife, garden in the native plant nursery, and operate the visitor center. Annual volunteer trainings are held in the spring. For more information, please contact Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call (650) 726-8814.
- Camp Hosts: Help visitors while living in the park. For information, visit the Campground and Park Hosts page.
- Restore Native Habitat: Schedule a volunteer project for your school group, organization or corporate employees to provide team building and a chance to work outside in beautiful Half Moon Bay. You can also come on your own, bring friends and family, and have fun while improving local ecosystems and meeting other members of the community. Join your community to help restore our coastal wildlands and increase native wildlife habitat, protect biological diversity, and increase community awareness through participation in stewardship activities. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 726-8801.
- For information about volunteering at other state parks in the Santa Cruz district, call the district office at (831) 335-6391 or email email@example.com.
- Buy a California State Park Pass - If you’ll be visiting Half Moon Bay State Beach or other California State Parks frequently, buy a state parks pass—an excellent way to save money and support state parks. Click here for more information.
- Support nonprofit groups working with California State Parks such as Coastside State Parks Association.