Special Events and Film Permits

Special Events

Please contact our special events coordinator Cheryll Schulz by email at Cheryl.Schulz@parks.ca.gov for special event information. 

Film Permits

If you intend to take photos or video at the Salton Sea State Recreation Area (Picacho State Recreation Area) for commercial use.*  You will need a film permit from the California Film Commission.  The California Fim Commission may be reached at  http://film.ca.gov/.   Once you have been approved by the film commission, then you will need a DPR form completed and sent to: California State Parks, Ocotillo Wells District, 5172 Highway 78, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, attn.: Cheryll Schulz.    For questions regarding the film permit process you may call 760-767-0166.