Seasonal Job Opportunities

Seasonal Job Opportunities

Henry W. Coe State Park has an opening for a Visitor Services Park Aide. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. The beginning pay rate is $13.00/hr. with a 40 hour per week schedule including working weekends, evenings, and holidays.  This is a great opportunity to explore a career with California State Parks.

Job Description: Visitor Service Park Aides staff the visitor center and interact with the public and park volunteers.  The job duties include selling day-use tickets, registering campers, operating the computer reservation system, explaining rules and regulations, and answer a wide variety of questions from the public.  Some maintenance is required with this position including cleaning, trash removal, and assisting park staff with projects.  Training is provided.  Some opportunities may exist for providing interpretive programs such as Junior Ranger or evening programs.  Applicants must be prepared to represent State Parks in a positive way.  Applicants must be willing to purchase and wear a uniform and conform to minimal grooming standards.  

Minimum Qualifications: Possession of a valid CA Driver’s License, driving is required.

Minimum Requirements: PARK AIDE (SEASONAL)

Desired Qualifications: Ability to write and speak English, follow directions, some experience with word processing and spreadsheet programs, and learn details about the park to share with visitors.

The hiring process requires fingerprinting and a background check.  Phone interviews are available.  Interviews will be held at the Park Visitor Center.

Priority consideration will be given to any person receiving State public assistance under the CalWORKS program. Applications who receive State public assistance need to identify their status as a CalWORKS recipient in the comments are on the application. Applications must submit a verification of their CalWORKS eligibility status, which may include the most recent Notice of Action showing TANF eligibility or a copy of your last aid check stub. If verification is not submitted with the application, the application will nto be processed. (Applicants may obtain verification from the CalWORKS program.

State housing is not available.

To apply for the job follow the instructions at Get a State Job

If you are interested working with California State Parks please contact John Verhoeven (408) 779-2728,