Dogs in the Park
For the enjoyment of all our park visitors, please be aware of the following rules and laws if you will be visiting the park with your dog:
- Dogs are not allowed on any of the parks designated trails; near the river or creeks; in the open forest and meadows; or in the environmental campsites
- Dogs are allowed on the fire roads, the paved roads, in the regular campgrounds and the day use picnic areas
- Dogs must be on a six foot, or shorter, leash at all times and physically under your control
- Dogs should not be left in cars; if your dog is outside the vehicle it must be attended to at all times
- Dogs may not be left unattended in the campground
- If your dog makes a mess in the park, please clean it up and dispose of the waste in one of our trash cans
- If your dog is noisy, aggressive or causing problems, you may be asked to remove your dog from the park
- Dogs are not allowed in the cabins
Comfort dogs are not considered service dogs under current federal guidelines; therefore, comfort dogs are subject to the above information. Service dogs are permitted on the trails, at the river and creeks; in the cabins and environmental sites; and can enjoy the entire park along with their owner.
If you have any questions, please call the park at (209) 795-2334.