Outlines accomplishments from the Transformation effort. Details on specific initiatives and projects are highlighted.
Transformation Initiatives and Projects
Provides information on the Transformation Team structure, including breakdown of committees and assignments. The purpose of these documents is to provide a centralized document for tracking Transformation effort planning and progress in order to provide transparency into the Transformation effort approach.
- NEW ITEM - December 2016: Initiatives – Projects
- October 2016: Initiatives – Projects
- August 2016: Initiatives – Projects
- February 2016: Initiatives and Projects
Transformation Action Plan
Outlines strategic goals and priority initiatives for State Parks. The Transformation Action Plan closely follows the Parks Forward final report’s four basic themes, such as making fundamental changes to State Parks, enhancing partnerships, expanding park access, and garnering stable and diversified funding. April 2015
Leadership Meeting Materials
Material that was presented and discussed among 180 department leaders, including success stories, revenue enhancements, team building and legislative updates. The three-day meeting was a rounding success, giving State Parks’ leaders an opportunity to share ideas and feedback with each other and the executive staff.
Findings and Recommendations of the Partnerships Committee
Organizational Structure Opportunities Project
Outlines State Park’s efforts to elevate and strengthen the programs and services it provides to the public. Learn more about this department-led effort at www.parks.ca.gov/ShapingOurFuture
- Parks Leaders Herald New Laws to Strengthen Partnerships, Leverage Resources, Oct. 13, 2015
- Governor Signs Legislation to Enhance California’s State Park System, Oct. 9, 2015
- California State Parks’ Transformation Team Releases Action Plan, Launches New Website, Feb. 6, 2015
- California State Parks Announces Transformation Team, Jan. 22, 2015
Transformation Tuesday Messages: Parks Blog