Lake Perris Jr. Lifeguards
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Starting Feb. 16, 2022, state guidance requires masking for unvaccinated individuals in indoor settings, such as museums and visitor centers. Fully vaccinated individuals are recommended to continue indoor masking when the risk may be high. Please plan ahead as local county guidelines may differ from state guidance and visitors are urged to follow county guidelines when required. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
2 week Junior Lifeguard Program held at Lake Perris
Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (No weekends)
June 17th-28th, July 8th - 19th 2019
The Junior Lifeguard Program at Lake Perris is a 2-week recreational and educational summer program for children ages 8-15 years old. The program teaches kids the basics of First Aid and CPR, aquatic safety, various water rescue techniques, and the natural and cultural resources that the California State Parks system has to offer.
We are planning another action packed, educational and personal growth program for our participants. Located in the tabs to the right are your enrollment documents and your Parent Handbook. Please take the time to read and share the information contained in the handbook with your Junior Lifeguard. You will also find the handbook invaluable before, during and after the program when you have questions about:
|• Tryout testing standards||• Tuition Assistance Program|
|• Behavioral expectations of students||• Junior Lifeguard Assistant|
|• Tryout waiver for returning Junior Lifeguard||• Refund policy|
|• Disciplinary procedure||• Important phone numbers|